Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The garden

We put in a garden this weekend! I've always wanted to be a gardener, but my previous attempts never quite worked out. This time though, I'm completely bitten by the garden bug and am looking forward to tending it all summer.

By sunday evening my hands were completely caked in dirt, but I had managed to plant tomatoes, peppers, rosemary, cilantro, thyme, chives, mint, flat leaf parsley, curled parsley, basil, radishes, carrots, onions, kale, endive, and an assortment of lettuce. I also put in lavender, salvia, and orange marigolds for a pop of color -- a trick I learned from my sweet mom, who is a master gardener herself.

The MVP of the weekend though was Samrald. He steered the rototilling committee, and after my failed attempts, came to the rescue and properly built the garden's cedar edging.

Every morning I wake up and check on my new favorite thing. So far, so good. But then again, I'm only three days in.

Stay tuned for more adventures in gardening!

No comments: